Thursday, February 23, 2012

The bells are ringing for me & my Senator....

An object lesson in turning off your cell phone while in a meeting or group: (FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE - MINE!) So, as the co-host of GMCV this morning, we had a surprise visitor, the Senior Senator from California, Diane Feinstein. As she stood at the podium, which has a little shelf built in - where my purse sits, a very loud ringing of a phone begins to go off. She's a pro and she keeps speaking....  Me, I'm looking around wondering why the idiot whose phone is ringing away doesn't turn it off......Okay - you got me - I'm the idiot. It's my phone on in my purse....So I hunch over like Quasimodo - so I'll be small (yeah, like that makes a difference) and I go up on the stage - with the Senator - and reach down to get my phone - almost knocking a glass of water onto my new friend Diane. Here we are - the Senator and me, up on the stage one of us standing tall and speaking the other hunching small and looking like a ground varmint begging for its life. Got the purse - kept the crouched position - and yelled out - Sorry Senator. What a morning ! PS. she was very gracious....and my back hurts from hunching over.....
Me - ready for the doghouse

No comments:

Post a Comment