Thursday, February 28, 2013

ON LINE TRAVEL SERVICES - Waste of time? Exercise in futility? - "Bah Humbug! BRING BACK TRAVEL AGENTS! 

Good Grief Charlie Brown, my LOVE /HATE relationship with the internet is beginning to tip into less LOVE - more HATE. Maybe I mean aggravation or irritation, but the result is the same.

THAT"S IT FOR ME.....newer isn't always better. Internet sites are the 8th circle of hell in many cases. Just because you have a computer doesn't mean you always have to use it. People have spent their working lives becoming experts at their craft - I CAN LET THEM HELP ME - I DON'T HAVE TO TRY & BECOME A TRAVEL AGENT ON MY OWN! 

THAT"S IT FOR ME.....newer isn't always better. Internet sites are the 8th circle of hell in many cases. Just because you have a computer doesn't mean you always have to use it. People have spent their working lives becoming experts at their craft - I CAN LET THEM HELP ME - I DON'T HAVE TO TRY & BECOME A TRAVEL AGENT ON MY OWN! 
By the time I check EXPEDIA, HOTWIRE, Travelocity, CHEAPAIR, TripAdvisor, just to mention a FEW of the many, I realize there is such a thing as TOO many choices.
Where to stay - and it begins again....thousands of deals....all THE BEST. (Yeah, right) Then print it all out....check dates....recheck dates, recheck flights, check and recheck car rental - it never ends! My credit card is hot from typing in the numbers and still it's not turned out right. WORST PART - I have only myself to blame, cause when I tell a friend what a deal I got - they got a better one! EVEN WORSER PART - I have spent hours, days, of my limited life span doing this - using all the ink in the printer, losing phone numbers, and now I travel with a 3 ring binder the thickness of the BIBLE.

I liked it better when I simply called Alec Cross or MaryAnn Cross (Crossroads Travel), - their on FB and told them what I wanted, gave my budget, and let them do all the work. If I had a question - THEY did the research and gave me multiple answers. Change in plans - THEY did all the work - and it all had to meet my approval! Where to eat, what to see, how to commute on arrival - they had experienced answers. THEY DID IT ALL! I could change anything anytime and they were ready, willing & able. 

There......I feel better. By the way the picture here is from a trip they planned!!!! A wonderful time was had by ALL!!



1 comment:

  1. Wow you are great writer, and have wonderful way to get your message to the reader. Keep Writing will keep reading.

    ReplyDelete